Mason containers are not simply for Grandmas and their homegrown pickles any longer! There are plenty of unique and versatile ways to use this traditional home essential. View my personal phase on innovative ways to use Mason containers….and especially when Marlon Wayans (finest recognize for aˆ?light Chicksaˆ? and aˆ?Scary Movieaˆ?) have a scare of his personal when he had the pleasure of testing the prominent, south delicacy: cool, raw Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Hey, it had been just a prop, I becamen’t expecting anyone to really take in it!
1. switch your own blender into a Magic Bullet! I favor the thought of the quick fix and it’s really capacity to write individualized smoothies centered on personal tastes. But my personal 14-year-old blender remains lively and kicking, therefore I really don’t need certainly to (nor wanna) purchase one even more kitchen appliance to take up priceless space for storage.
Did you know a typical mason jar may be used instead of the pitcher of many blenders? Yes, it really can! Numerous removable knife assemblies screw appropriate onto a small-mouth Mason container. I like to save many black hookup app near me aˆ?smoothie systemsaˆ? (in other words. a mix of protein powder, Super Seed, P2P, flax-seed, etc.) in jars in my own pantry, next add my personal favorite frozen fruits for an easy, single-serve smoothie. And because I can drink it straight through the jar, you will find decreased meals to cleanse. Which is a WIN-WIN for my situation!
Photo Credit Score Rating
2. Blueberry Pancakes in a container. On an active weekday day who wants to feel caught flipping pancakes over a hot griddle? Maybe not me personally! For this reason I LIKE this amazing time-saver of experiencing ready-to-cook person Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Your kiddos can only grab a jar, take it from inside the microwave and break fast try served…all while you are slowly moving up out of bed.
Materials a cupful flour (i take advantage of whole-wheat pastry flour) 1 TB baking dust 2 TB sugar (or Stevia) 2 TB melted butter 3/4 mug whole milk Blueberries (new or frozen)
Combine flour, baking dust, and glucose in limited dish, and whisk until combined. Softly stir in melted margarine and milk products until matched. Do not over blend.
Store overnight in ice box. When prepared consume, just seize one, take away the lid, and make in microwave (1 minute for little jars, or 90 seconds for bigger jars). Best with cozy syrup.And the good thing: You’ll be able to consume these straight out associated with the jar. That is COURSE with a capital aˆ?K,aˆ? ya’ll!
3. Make-ahead Salad in a Jar. They’re awesome to prepare several days ahead of time, store during the fridge and grab when you are headed outside or just desire an easy dish in the home. One of the keys is always to layer the hefty and moist formulation INITIAL, so that the more products stays sharp and new. Discover a good example of simple tips to covering your own salad:
1) BOTTOM aˆ“ dressing/liquid 2) significant what hold-up really when immersed in dressing aˆ“ kidney beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion 3) heavier items that you may not wish straight pressing the dressing whenever saved 4) Leafy greens/light ingredients which account for most room aˆ“ oatmeal, kale, chard, arugula 5) a tiny bit of heavier feature stuff aˆ“ walnuts, seed products, dried-fruit, croutons, feature herbs 6) very top aˆ“ colorful materials to improve your own tastebuds when you put available the jar aˆ“ good fresh fruit, delicious plants, herbs
Picture Credit Score Rating
4. Do-it-yourself Powder Glucose Shaker. I love to spread slightly powdered sugar on french toast or brownies, but certainly there is a massive mess that uses whenever We pull out that crumpled bag. In order to prevent that, we put a number of cups in a Mason jar, seize a lid, hammer and little tack nail. Create several holes and…voila…you’ve got your self a mess-free solution to delight in all those things white, powdery goodness!
5. Foam milk without a frother. Don’t have a fancy-schmancy espresso equipment with attached dairy steamer? Don’t worry about it. Only fill limited container with a little milk products (only halfway) and shake until the milk enjoys doubled sizes. Pop off the cover and microwave oven the whole milk for approximately half a minute.
6. Handmade Items Surprise Containers. Well, duh, this one’s pretty self-explanatory, but i really couldn’t let it rest away. We’ve most likely all was given or considering a aˆ?Cookie combine in a Jar.aˆ? This year we gave ChexA® Muddy BuddiesA® xmas present Jars. Browse the tutorial here.
7. shop Bulk foodstuff whenever I come home from Sprouts, i have actually several big, synthetic handbags packed with dried beans, quino and raw almonds. To keep circumstances newly made when you look at the kitchen pantry, I use my handy-dandy KitchenAid Pro Funnel to effortlessly fill the containers and put my mass products on the shelves. I think my border-line OCD husband appreciates the time and effort, also.
8. Freeze Leftover Soups and Stews in containers. I understand a lot of us want to make the turn from plastic to glass in terms of items storing because recent studies have connected toxins like BPA, phthalates, and PFCs to health issues in individuals. Whenever possible, i enjoy use jars for products we decide to shop for very long intervals. We’ll complete a jar with remaining soup, screw from the lid, mark they using a sharpie, and put they from inside the freezer. Make sure to merely refill to 2/3 chock-full of fluid to allow for growth otherwise the container may break.